Gonstead Chiropractic – What’s the Difference?
The Gonstead Chiropractic System is unique because it is thorough, complete and specific in both analyzing and treating the spine. A Gonstead Chiropractor will address your entire spine when evaluating for the presence of vertebral subluxations (spinal misalignments producing nerve interference or irritation) which cause ill health. The Gonstead Analysis To detect the presence of the vertebral subluxation complex, an analysis of your spine is done following five criteria.
- Instrumentation- The Nervoscope is the instrument of choice in the Gonstead System. The Nervoscope detects uneven distributions of heat along the spine which can be indicative of inflammation and nerve pressure. The instrument is guided down the length of your back and feels like two fingers gliding down each side of your spine.
- Static Palpation– In a stationary position, a Gonstead Chiropractor will feel for the presence on swelling, tenderness and any abnormal texture or tightness in the muscles and other tissues of your back.
- Motion Palpation– While moving and bending your spine at various angles, a Gonstead Chiropractor determines how easily or difficult each segment in your spine moves in different directions.
4. X-Ray Analysis- X-Ray films enable your doctor to visualize the entire structure of your spine and are helpful in evaluating for any disease processes, fractures, posture, joint and disc integrity and vertebral misalignments.
5. Visualization- Visualization is a way to cross reference all the other findings. Gonstead Chiropractors are experts at looking for subtle changes in your posture and movement which could indicate any problems.
Following a complete analysis, the doctor is ready to perform the adjustment. Their goal is to be as precise and accurate as possible, addressing only the problem areas. Great care is taken to ensure a mechanically correct position and precise thrust is provided to give the most accurate and painless adjustment possible. Restoring and maintaining optimal health to the nervous system is the desired outcome of the Gonstead adjustment.